Always wash your hands thoroughly before preparing bottles
- Make sure that the bottle you are using is clean and sterile.
- Fill it with the required volume of water
- The water should always be still mineral or natural spring water, and should not contain high amounts of minerals
- Add the required quantity of powder: 1 spoonful of formula for 30 ml water- Close the bottle and shake it well, rolling it between your hands (if you shake it too hard up and down, the powder will get lodged in the teat and will clog up the orifice)
- Warm up the bottle in a pan of hot water or using a bottle warmer. IMPORTANT: in the microwave, heat is not evenly distributed (risk of burning and explosion).
- Shake the bottle again and always make sure that the milk is warm by testing a few drops in the crook of your wrist or on the back of your hand.
- Once baby has finished feeding, carefully wash the bottle, teat and all accessories (screw ring, cap, disc). Even if there is not much milk left, bacteria can still develop!
- - Wash everything with warm water and washing up liquid. Scrub all the items with a bottle brush and don´t forget to rinse them well. You can then sterilise your bottle and accessories when necessary.